Spin to Win Rodeo Magazine
Competitive Ropers with Performance Horses
Average paid circulation: 31,900
Spin To Win Rodeo readers live the roping and rodeo life. They own performance horses and
invest in keeping them healthy, they maintain property and equipment, they enjoy living a Western lifestyle with their family and they compete – a lot. These folks are constantly on the lookout for new products and strategies to help them win. Spin To Win Rodeo delivers news on cutting-edge products, how-to tips from the pros, World Series of Team Roping, ACTRA and R2R news and event information. The magazine will be redesigned this year, with new section openers providing premium advertising locations and a new, recurring rodeo-specific vet column.
The Equine Network features multiple innovative advertising and marketing opportunities. To insure you will be well informed about all of these opportunities and also to insure you are able to secure the best advertising rates possible, please fill out the rate request form below and it will be submitted to one of our Associate Group Publishers for follow up.
Request Advertising Rates
2017 Issue Schedule & Editorial Calendar
Spin To Win Rodeo is published monthly.
||Wrangler National Finals Rodeo Recap: World Champions from Every Event.
World Series of Team Roping Complete Coverage
||NFR Average Feature, 2016 Pro Pairings, Spin To Win Rodeo Award Winners
||Coverage from Denver’s National Western Stock Show
||Wildfire Open to the World and San Antonio Rodeo Recaps
||George Strait Team Roping Classic and RodeoHouston Champions
||Ram National Circuit Finals Coverage: Logandale, Nev
||California Spring Rodeo Run Recap; WSTR Heartland Finale
||Fourth of July Cowboy Christmas; BFI and Reno Rodeo Winners
||Champions from Cheyenne Frontier Days and California Rodeo Salinas
||Spicer Gripp Memorial Wrap Up and Caldwell Night Rodeo Winners
||Wrap-Up from the Regular Season; Pendleton Rodeo
||Wrangler NFR Preview Edition: World Champion Predictions and What to Do in Vegas
||Wrangler National Finals Rodeo Recap: World Champions from Every Event. World Series of Team Roping Complete Coverage
In Each Issue
- Instructional Articles from Jake Barnes and Clay O’Brien Cooper
- How To Improve Your Horsemanship
- Veterinarian Advice Strictly for Ropers
- Tips, Insider Info and News About Professional Rodeo and Team Roping and Leading Amateur Association News
Spin To Win Rodeo Readers
Compete at a median rate of 25 times a year.**
- Hungry for content only SWR offers
77% say the magazine provides content they can’t find elsewhere
80% male/ 20% female
Earn enough to enjoy their horses
- Household Income: $97,210
- 89% own homes
- Own an average of nearly 50 acres
- 93% say they trust the articles
- 84% say it’s a “must-read”
- Compared to other equine publications…
- 84% feel there’s a meaningful difference between SWR and other titles
- More than 95% said they find SWR “somewhat or very useful when looking for the latest industry products.”**
Buy based on SWR
- 88% of readers indicate the ads and content in SWR affect their purchasing decisions
- One-third purchased an advertised product/service
- 40% visited an advertised website
Own horses and invest in their health
- 94% own horses, an average of 7 horses each
- 88% keep their horses at home
- 97% make purchasing decisions for feed and health products
- 93% administer preventative vaccinations
- 85% use supplements
- 55% have used alternative therapies in the past year (from chiropractic to acupuncture)
- 95% team rope
- 65% team rope 2-4 times a week
- 52% hunt
- 42% fish
- Printing: Web Offset
- Safety Area: .25”
- Final Trim Size: 7.875” Width x 10.5” Height
- Bleed Size: 8.125” Width x 10.75” Height
- Bleed Spread Size: 16” Width x 10.75” Height
- Binding: Perfect Bind
- Press Dot Gain: Perfect Bind
- 2 Page Spread – 15.25” W x 10” H (live) / 15.75” W x 10.5” H (trim) /
16” W x 10.75” H (bleed)
- 1 Full Page – 7.375” W x 10” H (live) / 7.875” W x 10.5” H (trim) /
8.125” W x 10.75” H (bleed)
- 2/3 Page Vertical – 4.625” W x 9.75” H
- 1/2 Page Horizontal – 7” W x 4.75” H
- 1/2 Page Digest* – 4.625” W x 7.25” H
- 1/3 Page Horizontal – 4.625” W x 4.75” H
- 1/3 Page Vertical – 2.25” W x 9.75” H
- 1/6 Page Horizontal – 4.625” W x 2.25” H
- 1/6 Page Vertical – 2.25” W x 4.75” H
*The Trail Rider & Spin To Win Rodeo 1/2 Page Island configuration also available.
Market Place Advertisements
- 1/3 Page Vertical – 2.25” W x 9.75” H
- Double 1/9 Page Horizontal – 4.625” W x 3.125” H
- Double 1/9 Page Vertical – 2.25” W x 6.375” H
- Single 1/9 Page – 2.25” W x 3.125” H
The Trail Rider and Spin to Win Rodeo ONLY
- 1/2 Page Vertical – 3.4375” W x 9.75” H
- 1/4 Page – 3.4375” W x 4.75” H
Advertisement Material Requirements
Production Ad Specifications
If needed, we can create your ad for you. A proof will be emailed to you for approval and sign off. We will provide two proofs before final approval.
- For ads being created by the publisher, submit typed copy and basic ad layout.
- Digital images provided must be saved as a .TIFF or .EPS file, CMYK, 300 dpi. Color will shift in files provided as RGB. A color proof must be provided from file for accuracy and reference.
- Photograph prints are not recommended and the publisher cannot guarantee quality if provided.
- Logos must be submitted as a PDF, all other file types are subject to review for reproduction quality.
Any ads or materials that do not follow these specifications are not guaranteed for reproduction.
Disclaimer: Publisher will review client’s digital ads. If additional work is necessary to ensure proper output of ad, additional production charges may apply. If delays occur due to missing or noncompatible resource of font file, late charges may apply.
Ads Provided as Digital File S
All digitally submitted ads should be saved as a PDF (for partial page ads) and a PDF/X-1a (for full page ads) and submitted on CD. Files must be saved as CMYK (not RGB), 300 dpi.
Ad Materials Checklist
File Format: (Adobe CS4), InDesign, Illustrator, or Photoshop saved as .TIF or .EPS.
- Ad file set to correct dimensions.
- All resource files included in the ad (logo, graphics and photo images).
- All screen and printer fonts (no True Type fonts accepted).
- For bleed ads please be sure to follow specifications listed allowing 1/8” beyond trim.
- Full page ads: Safety area (text and images) on all ads must be 3/16” from the ad trim. Content not within this area may be subject to trim.
Printouts and Proofs
- Printouts of ad and disk directory required.
- We cannot accept a digital ad without a printout of the full advertisement.
- SWOP certified proof created from the ad file provided.
Total area density should not exceed SWOP standard of 300%. If a SWOP proof is not available, one will be created for an additional $30 charge. This is required for all ads on press for accuracy of reproduction of color. There is no guarantee of color without a SWOP proof. All questions regarding materials, inserts, BRCs or other inquiries should be directed to:
Barbara Van Sickle
Group Production Director
Phone: (303) 625-1624
Please upload Digital Files to our FTP site
Upon completion of upload to our FTP site, please contact production to inform us that your files are ready to download.
Send an email with the corresponding file name to one of the following email addresses after the upload is complete:
Please send Print Production /Art Materials to:
Active Interest Media
2520 55th Street, Suite 210
Boulder, CO 80301