In Stride Magazine
Affluent, Serious Competitors
Member circulation: 40,200
USHJA’s In Stride readers ride—and buy —to win. These are the most competitive, and affluent, riders in the hunter/jumper market. They’re also some of the youngest. Fourteen-year-old Lillie Keenan won the 2011 USHJA $100,000 International Hunter Derby Finals. Thousands of riders like her crave info on the latest products to keep them in the ribbons today and in the future. USHJA’s In Stride is an ideal place to cultivate a relationship between these consumers and your brand.
Mailed bi-monthly exclusively to members of the U.S. Hunter Jumper Association, the publication provides essential discipline news, behind-the-scenes insight and valuable tips about horse care targeted toward the competitor.
The Equine Network features multiple innovative advertising and marketing opportunities. To insure you will be well informed about all of these opportunities and also to insure you are able to secure the best advertising rates possible, please fill out the rate request form below and it will be submitted to one of our Associate Group Publishers for follow up.
Request Advertising Rates
2017 Editorial Calendar
USHJA’s In Stride is published six times per year.
Focus on Emerging Athletes Program and Horsemanship Quiz Challenge
Focus on WCHR Classic Spectacular andGeorge Morris Horsemastership Training Session
Focus on Horse/Rider Wellness
Focus on Hunter Derby and Pre-Green Championships
||Focus on WCHR Championships and Rule Changes
||Focus on Emerging Athletes Program and Horsemanship Quiz Challenge
USHJA’s In Stride Readership
Broad Age Demographic
• 33% under 18
• 17% 18-24
• 23% 25-44
• 28% 45+
Affluent: Average Household Income: $227,500
Average Value of Most Expensive Horse: $87,000
• 88% own one or more horse(s)
• 43% own 2-5 horses
• 8% own 10+ horses
Competitive: 94% compete at least
once a year
• 47% compete more than 10 times per year
• 73% compete at AA or A-rated hunter shows
• 77% compete at shows that require horses to be stabled
overnight on grounds
- Printing: Web Offset
- Safety Area: .25”
- Final Trim Size: 7.875” Width x 10.5” Height
- Bleed Size: 8.125” Width x 10.75” Height
- Bleed Spread Size: 16” Width x 10.75” Height
- Binding: Perfect Bind
- Press Dot Gain: Perfect Bind
- 2 Page Spread – 15.25” W x 10” H (live) / 15.75” W x 10.5” H (trim) /
16” W x 10.75” H (bleed)
- 1 Full Page – 7.375” W x 10” H (live) / 7.875” W x 10.5” H (trim) /
8.125” W x 10.75” H (bleed)
- 2/3 Page Vertical – 4.625” W x 9.75” H
- 1/2 Page Horizontal – 7” W x 4.75” H
- 1/2 Page Digest* – 4.625” W x 7.25” H
- 1/3 Page Horizontal – 4.625” W x 4.75” H
- 1/3 Page Vertical – 2.25” W x 9.75” H
- 1/6 Page Horizontal – 4.625” W x 2.25” H
- 1/6 Page Vertical – 2.25” W x 4.75” H
*The Trail Rider & Spin To Win Rodeo 1/2 Page Island configuration also available.
Market Place Advertisements
- 1/3 Page Vertical – 2.25” W x 9.75” H
- Double 1/9 Page Horizontal – 4.625” W x 3.125” H
- Double 1/9 Page Vertical – 2.25” W x 6.375” H
- Single 1/9 Page – 2.25” W x 3.125” H
The Trail Rider and Spin to Win Rodeo ONLY
- 1/2 Page Vertical – 3.4375” W x 9.75” H
- 1/4 Page – 3.4375” W x 4.75” H
Advertisement Material Requirements
Production Ad Specifications
If needed, we can create your ad for you. A proof will be emailed to you for approval and sign off. We will provide two proofs before final approval.
- For ads being created by the publisher, submit typed copy and basic ad layout.
- Digital images provided must be saved as a .TIFF or .EPS file, CMYK, 300 dpi. Color will shift in files provided as RGB. A color proof must be provided from file for accuracy and reference.
- Photograph prints are not recommended and the publisher cannot guarantee quality if provided.
- Logos must be submitted as a PDF, all other file types are subject to review for reproduction quality.
Any ads or materials that do not follow these specifications are not guaranteed for reproduction.
Disclaimer: Publisher will review client’s digital ads. If additional work is necessary to ensure proper output of ad, additional production charges may apply. If delays occur due to missing or noncompatible resource of font file, late charges may apply.
Ads Provided as Digital File S
All digitally submitted ads should be saved as a PDF (for partial page ads) and a PDF/X-1a (for full page ads) and submitted on CD. Files must be saved as CMYK (not RGB), 300 dpi.
Ad Materials Checklist
File Format: (Adobe CS4), InDesign, Illustrator, or Photoshop saved as .TIF or .EPS.
- Ad file set to correct dimensions.
- All resource files included in the ad (logo, graphics and photo images).
- All screen and printer fonts (no True Type fonts accepted).
- For bleed ads please be sure to follow specifications listed allowing 1/8” beyond trim.
- Full page ads: Safety area (text and images) on all ads must be 3/16” from the ad trim. Content not within this area may be subject to trim.
Printouts and Proofs
- Printouts of ad and disk directory required.
- We cannot accept a digital ad without a printout of the full advertisement.
- SWOP certified proof created from the ad file provided.
Total area density should not exceed SWOP standard of 300%. If a SWOP proof is not available, one will be created for an additional $30 charge. This is required for all ads on press for accuracy of reproduction of color. There is no guarantee of color without a SWOP proof. All questions regarding materials, inserts, BRCs or other inquiries should be directed to:
Barbara Van Sickle
Group Production Director
Phone: (303) 625-1624
Please upload Digital Files to our FTP site
Upon completion of upload to our FTP site, please contact production to inform us that your files are ready to download.
Send an email with the corresponding file name to one of the following email addresses after the upload is complete:
Please send Print Production /Art Materials to:
Active Interest Media
2520 55th Street, Suite 210
Boulder, CO 80301