Influential Horseowners Investing in Their Horses’ Health
ABC Print circulation: 110,090
For 40 years EQUUS has been the Gold Standard for Horse Owners. EQUUS remains the leader in the horse industry and reaches dedicated horse owners and riders in all segments of the horse world. EQUUS continues to be a vital resource for caretakers, competitors, recreational riders and anyone who enjoys the equestrian lifestyle.
EQUUS is a Media Partner of the American Association of Equine Practitioners (AAEP), thus all AAEP veterinarians receive EQUUS each month as a benefit of membership. Equine veterinary students and members of the American Association of Equine Veterinary Technicians & Assistants also receive EQUUS monthly.
The Equine Network features multiple innovative advertising and marketing opportunities. To insure you will be well informed about all of these opportunities and also to insure you are able to secure the best advertising rates possible, please fill out the rate request form below and it will be submitted to one of our Associate Group Publishers for follow up.
Request Advertising Rates
2017 Issue Schedule & Editorial Calendar
EQUUS is published monthly/twelve times per year.
Feed supplements; Electric tank or bucket heaters: Professional Horseman Contest; Tack & Gear: Gloves
Care of old horses; Hay alternatives; Hormones for marish behavior; Dry shampoos/stain removers; Tack & Gear: Boots
Hoof cracks; NSAIDs; Shedding tools; Tack & Gear: Spring Fashion
Insulin resistance; West Nile virus; Feeding Idle/recovering horses; Tack & Gear: Trailers
Fencing; Deworming; Pasture grazing; Stall guards; Tack & Gear: Fly sheets
Rabies; Rainrot; Fat and oil supplements; Tack & Gear: Summer fashion
EPM; Salt Intake; Shipping boots; Tack & Gear: Helmets
Bridles, breast plates and other gear; Assessing hay quality; WEE/EEE; Finish sprays; Tack & Gear: Trail Saddles
Feed tag savvy; EHV; Gas colic; Tack & Gear: Fall Fashion
Winter prep for horses; Enteroliths; Hoof care; Tack & Gear: Blankets
Feeding practices around the world; Special Anniversary Section; Core vaccines; Tack & Gear: Holiday Gift Guide
Veterinarian’s perspective; Selenium; Equine flu; Tack & Gear: Winter coats
Audience Reach: 428,737
ABC Print Circulation: 104,929
Web Traffic & E-Newsletter: 103,306
Social Media: 220,028
• Care for an average of 7 horses each
• 98% Make purchasing decisions regarding horse health and feed products.
• 94% Usually care for their own horses
• 91% Feed supplements for various reasons
• 25% Earn all or part of income through
• 99% Of EQUUS households own horses
• 87% Own their own home
• 67% Keep horses on their own property
• 71 % Own/lease a horse trailer
• 76% Own/lease a vehicle for pulling a horse trailer
• 58% Compete (Avg 4 events per year)
• 53% Ride Western or mostly Western
• 34% Ride English or mostly English
• 58% Attend clinics or Seminars
• 75% Trail ride
• 48% Ride at the Advanced or Professional level
- Printing: Web Offset
- Safety Area: .25”
- Final Trim Size: 7.875” Width x 10.5” Height
- Bleed Size: 8.125” Width x 10.75” Height
- Bleed Spread Size: 16” Width x 10.75” Height
- Binding: Perfect Bind
- Press Dot Gain: Perfect Bind
- 2 Page Spread – 15.25” W x 10” H (live) / 15.75” W x 10.5” H (trim) /
16” W x 10.75” H (bleed)
- 1 Full Page – 7.375” W x 10” H (live) / 7.875” W x 10.5” H (trim) /
8.125” W x 10.75” H (bleed)
- 2/3 Page Vertical – 4.625” W x 9.75” H
- 1/2 Page Horizontal – 7” W x 4.75” H
- 1/2 Page Digest* – 4.625” W x 7.25” H
- 1/3 Page Horizontal – 4.625” W x 4.75” H
- 1/3 Page Vertical – 2.25” W x 9.75” H
- 1/6 Page Horizontal – 4.625” W x 2.25” H
- 1/6 Page Vertical – 2.25” W x 4.75” H
*The Trail Rider & Spin To Win Rodeo 1/2 Page Island configuration also available.
Market Place Advertisements
- 1/3 Page Vertical – 2.25” W x 9.75” H
- Double 1/9 Page Horizontal – 4.625” W x 3.125” H
- Double 1/9 Page Vertical – 2.25” W x 6.375” H
- Single 1/9 Page – 2.25” W x 3.125” H
The Trail Rider and Spin to Win Rodeo ONLY
- 1/2 Page Vertical – 3.4375” W x 9.75” H
- 1/4 Page – 3.4375” W x 4.75” H
Advertisement Material Requirements
Production Ad Specifications
If needed, we can create your ad for you. A proof will be emailed to you for approval and sign off. We will provide two proofs before final approval.
- For ads being created by the publisher, submit typed copy and basic ad layout.
- Digital images provided must be saved as a .TIFF or .EPS file, CMYK, 300 dpi. Color will shift in files provided as RGB. A color proof must be provided from file for accuracy and reference.
- Photograph prints are not recommended and the publisher cannot guarantee quality if provided.
- Logos must be submitted as a PDF, all other file types are subject to review for reproduction quality.
Any ads or materials that do not follow these specifications are not guaranteed for reproduction.
Disclaimer: Publisher will review client’s digital ads. If additional work is necessary to ensure proper output of ad, additional production charges may apply. If delays occur due to missing or noncompatible resource of font file, late charges may apply.
Ads Provided as Digital File S
All digitally submitted ads should be saved as a PDF (for partial page ads) and a PDF/X-1a (for full page ads) and submitted on CD. Files must be saved as CMYK (not RGB), 300 dpi.
Ad Materials Checklist
File Format: (Adobe CS4), InDesign, Illustrator, or Photoshop saved as .TIF or .EPS.
- Ad file set to correct dimensions.
- All resource files included in the ad (logo, graphics and photo images).
- All screen and printer fonts (no True Type fonts accepted).
- For bleed ads please be sure to follow specifications listed allowing 1/8” beyond trim.
- Full page ads: Safety area (text and images) on all ads must be 3/16” from the ad trim. Content not within this area may be subject to trim.
Printouts and Proofs
- Printouts of ad and disk directory required.
- We cannot accept a digital ad without a printout of the full advertisement.
- SWOP certified proof created from the ad file provided.
Total area density should not exceed SWOP standard of 300%. If a SWOP proof is not available, one will be created for an additional $30 charge. This is required for all ads on press for accuracy of reproduction of color. There is no guarantee of color without a SWOP proof. All questions regarding materials, inserts, BRCs or other inquiries should be directed to:
Barbara Van Sickle
Group Production Director
Phone: (303) 625-1624
Please upload Digital Files to our FTP site
Upon completion of upload to our FTP site, please contact production to inform us that your files are ready to download.
Send an email with the corresponding file name to one of the following email addresses after the upload is complete:
Please send Print Production /Art Materials to:
Active Interest Media
2520 55th Street, Suite 210
Boulder, CO 80301